ON SALE NOW!
RIIWHS202E – Enter and work in confined spaces
MSMPER200 – Work in accordance with an issued permit
PUASAR025 – Undertake confined space rescue
MSMWHS216 – Operate breathing apparatus
A confined space may be an area of restricted entry and exit, may have an atmosphere which contains potentially harmful levels of a contaminant, unsafe levels of oxygen or may cause engulfment. This Annual Confined Space Entry Training Refresher Course in Melbourne is designed for persons working within or around limited spaces, or who engage in related outdoor recreational activities such as caving.
This confined space entry training course is designed to meet the training/certification requirements of South East Water. Four units forming part of this course are clustered (grouped, taught and assessed together).
South East Water requires that a refresher course for the above units, and CPR, be completed every 12 months if conducting work on their behalf.
At the time of booking this Annual Confined Space Entry Refresher Course, students will be eligible to book in for our complementary CPR training.
Prerequisites for Confined Space Entry Training, Breathing Apparatus (REFRESHER) Course and more
There are no prerequisite requirements for the units MSMPER200, MSMWHS216 and RIIWHS202E. However, the following prerequisites apply to the unit PUASAR025 in relation to the fire sector.
The fire sector is those sections of government departments, statutory authorities or organisations that have responsibility under jurisdictional arrangements for the delivery of firefighting and fire management services.
It is essential that the prerequisite units listed below, are obtained by individuals working within the fire sector or the units contributing to the attainment of a fire qualification prior to attending our course.
- PUAFIR306 Identify, detect and monitor hazardous materials at an incident
- PUASAR022 Participate in a rescue operation.
Applicants must submit either:
- Statements of Attainment for the following units or its successor issued as part of their initial training:
- MSMPER200 – Work in accordance with an issued permit
- PUASAR025A – Undertake confined space rescue (for this unit, CTG will also accept ‘Training Outcomes only’).
Any one of the following codes for the confined space unit:
- RIIWHS202D – Enter and work in confined spaces
- RIIWHS202E – Enter and work in confined spaces
- MSMPER205 – Enter confined space
- DEFWHS011 – Enter confined space
- SIFCWHS002 – Work in confined spaces
- FDFOP2065A – Work in confined spaces in the food and beverage industries
- MARF010 – Work safely in confined spaces on a vessel
Any one of the following codes for the breathing apparatus unit
- MSMWHS216 – Operate breathing apparatus
- PUAFIR207B – Operate breathing apparatus open circuit
- Their current confined space tickets/cards/licenses with these codes
- Evidence of refresher training with these codes or related training outcomes only within the last 12 months*.
* Flexibilities apply due to COVID-19 related circumstances (>12 months will be accepted).
To enrol into this Refresher Course, applicants must have a minimum of three (3) months experience of confined space work experience in the last 12 months.
Applicants must also have the physical capacity to meet the manual work requirements of the units.
In order to avoid common issues experienced around Breathing Apparatus ‘Fit Check’, students are required to make any adjustments to their facial hair prior to attending the training session at CTG. This can be achieved by clean shaving or only having facial hair which will not interfere with the fitting surfaces and parts of the breathing apparatus face mask. Correct fit of a mask requires contact with smooth skin. This makes masks unsuitable for men with beards or moustaches.
Please contact us for more information.
Key course information
- Compliance documentation including entry and work permits
- OHS, hazards, controls and safety requirements
- Rescue equipment and techniques
- Environmental protection requirements
- Tools and equipment
- Distress units
- Communication techniques
- Breathing apparatus equipment and its functions
Each confined space refresher course is facilitated by a member of our highly experienced training team in Melbourne and includes trainer presentations and practical activities – so your participation will be required! Assessment activities include a knowledge test and satisfactory demonstration of practical skills in a simulated environment. At successful completion of the course, you’ll be awarded a national Statement of Attainment with the above units of competency listed as proof of training and assessment.
Melbourne Confined Space Entry Training and Breathing Apparatus (REFRESHER) Course Duration
The formal duration of the course is 1 day. (Please note that the complementary CPR is an additional 4 hour course).
The course can be conducted at our Rowville training facility in Melbourne or onsite.
You are required to wear suitable clothing (shirt and pants/jeans) and enclosed footwear (closed toe shoes). CTG will provide you with hi-vis vests and other PPE and equipment required for training and assessment.
Pre learning may apply, contact the office for more information.
The confined space entry training, work permits, rescue and breathing apparatus (REFRESHER) course is:
Price: $350.00 per person
ON SALE NOW = $245
Book in for confined space training in Melbourne and get the necessary work permits required.
Get your confined space ticket and upskill your work potential.
Book online to join our confined space refresher training in Melbourne or get in touch with our team on (03) 9763 5449 with any questions.