As the Coronavirus (COVID 19) continues to spread across Australia, CTG will continue to monitor the advice from relevant health and government authorities to ensure the best possible health and safety for our students when delivering training.
In addition to this, we respectfully request that if you are showing flu-like symptoms (fever cough, sore throat, fatigue and breathing difficulties) or if you have been overseas in the past two weeks, CTG would be happy to reschedule your training to a future course date.
Please read through the below information that CTG has implemented during this time and if you have any concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us.
- Increased hand sanitiser around Rowville training facilities
- Anyone with signs of a cough/fever will be sent home
- Anyone that has been overseas within the 14 days will not be allowed on Rowville premise as per government law
- CTG has reduced the class sizes (additional walls have been implemented)
- Additional hygiene notices are now visible around the premises (see attached)
- All students that need to reschedule training please email email@example.com with your Course Name and Date.
In addition, we would like to provide the following information to support you during this time:
Good Hygiene is the best defence against COVID-19
Following good hygiene practices is the most effective way of protecting yourself from COVID-19
- Washing your hands regularly with soap and water, especially before eating, preparing food, smoking and using the toilet. Follow these five steps every time.
– Wet your hands with clean, running water (warm or cold), turn off the tap, and apply soap.
– Lather your hands by rubbing them together with the soap. Lather the backs of your hands, between your fingers, and under your nails.
– Scrub your hands for at least 20 seconds. Need a timer? Hum the “Happy Birthday” song from beginning to end twice.
– Rinse your hands well under clean, running water.
– Dry your hands using a clean towel or air dry them.
- Utilise alcohol based hand sanitiser when you can’t use soap and water.
- Cover your mouth and nose when coughing and sneezing with a tissue – or cough into your elbow. Dispose of the tissue into a bin and then wash your hands afterwards.
- Wherever possible avoid touching your face as this is the primary route of exposure (eyes, nose & mouth).
Use of surgical masks in the community are only helpful in preventing people who already have COVID-19 from spreading it to others. If you are well, you do not need to wear a surgical mask.
Remain at home if you feel unwell and have symptoms of COVID-19
If you are unwell and suspect you may have COVID-19 (cold and flu like symptoms, including fever, cough, sore throat, fatigue and breathing difficulties), we request that you remain at home and seek medical advice.
Notify Construction Training Group if you test positive for COVID-19
If testing confirms that you have COVID-19, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Course or program name
- Course attended
- Date/time of notification
- Contact Phone Number
- Other relevant information
All student details and personal information will be subject to privacy provisions.
CTG will notify affected students if we have a confirmed case of COVID-19 in accordance with advice from the Department of Health and Human Service (DHHS).
For any CTG related COVID-19 questions, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com or 03 9763 5449.